This post is also available in: Japanese
SDNCentral announces availability of SDN University™ 101: What you need to know about Software-defined networking? Enrollment is now open.
This 100 level course was co-developed by Computerlinks a leading networking and security training organization and global security and networking distributor. Based on input from the SDNCentral community, we consistently heard demand for an mildly technical SDN ‘basics’ course targeted at end users, consultants, and channel partners describing ‘what’ is SDN and ‘how’ to get started in 2013. Given Computerlinks place in the ecosystem, they are a natural partner to collaborate with us to help deliver a course that targets both end users and resellers who are just learning about SDN for the first time.
Join us on Thursday, March 7 at 8 a.m. or 10:30 a.m. PST to learn why 2013 is the year to experiment with SDN. Learn the basics of software-defined networking (SDN) and where to start your experimentations this year.
Experience a mildly technical discussion about:
- Define Networking Today
- Definition of SDN
- Why SDN? What’s driving it?
- SDN History
- What is SDN? What is OpenFlow?
- What can you do with SDN?
- Use Cases
- How does SDN integrate into my existing network?
- SDN Technologies
- SDN Open Source Technologies
- Sample SDN Products
- How do I get started with SDN in 2013?
- How do I learn more?
- Preview of our coming 200 level class with hands on training
Why you should attend:
Don’t be left behind – learn about SDN, where you should consider implementing it on your network, and how to get started.
Who should attend:
- Enterprise / Network Architects
- Network Engineers / Systems Engineers
- Resellers / VARs
- Who are looking to add to their career and learn the ‘basics’ about SDN.
- Understanding of basic networking concepts
- This course is meant as a primer.
- A follow on course will include hands on technical training
Register Now! for SDN University 101: What you need to know about Software-Defined networking?
Sign up below to be notified of future SDN University courses: