This post is also available in: Japanese
A few of you may remember that we launched SDNCentral at RSA 2012 when we sponsored SDN Security Seminars with Matt Davy and Chris Small from INCNTRE and Phil Porras from SRI International at the St Regis, SanFrancisco.
For refresher, check out our posts on SDN Security over the last year:
- SDN2012 Security Seminar Wrap-Up
- The Top Five Security Considerations for Software Defined Networking
- Security Implications of Software-Defined Networking
- Now Available – Slides from Real-World SDN Security Implications Seminar
- Available: Real-World Security Implications of SDNs Seminar Slides (Business Track)
- Interview with Phil Porras: Lack of Secure Controller Hurting OpenFlow?
- Advancing the SDN Security Conversation
What to expect for SDN Security at this RSA 2013?
- SDN Washing: look to hear your favorite network security vendors jump on the SDN bandwagon and announce that a number of their products support SDN.
- Securing the Controllers: We touched on this last year as an issue — it is still an issue — expect to hear more from leading security researchers about this problem and how it may be solved.
- Lack of whole solutions: We meet with at least one early stage company claiming to solve the SDN security problem each week. The issue isn’t if a vendor’s products work or not — it’s that the vendor’s are missing the point that to pass the muster of the security people at customers they need to show up with a whole security solution – instead of a collection of point products that only fixes a small sliver of the security problem. Remember the security ‘guy’ gets fired (not the vendor) if he doesn’t cover all of his bases. We continue to see security as the #1 inhibitor to customer adoption of SDN technologies.
Check out more about SDN security on SDNCentral:
- SDN – What Can You Do With It In The Enterprise? (4/27/2013)
- SDN Security – An Oxymoron? New Interview with Phil Porras of SRI International (2/26/2013)
- SDNCentral Year in Review: SDN Security (2/25/2013)
- FishNet Security Joins SDNCentral (11/6/2012)
- SDN & OpenFlow World Congress Presentation Slides: How OpenFlow-Based SDN Can Increase Network Security (11/2/2012)
- Don’t let SDN just be Security Defined Networking!!! (10/30/2012)
- Featured Topic: FireMon Heats up SDN Security with OpenFlow Security Management (10/29/2012)
- Featured Post: Using OpenFlow to Transparently Insert Security Services (9/25/2012)
- Top 5 Items for Your 2013 SDN Budget (8/21/2012)
- Interview with Phil Porras: Lack of Secure Controller Hurting OpenFlow? (7/3/2012)