This post is also available in: Japanese
See other SDNCentral Arista coverage:
- Breaking News: Tom Black: Executive Leading Cisco’s onePK has left to join Arista
- Arista ships 7150 with Intel/Fulcrum Alta chipset
- The Empire Strikes Back: Cisco Targeting Arista With Nexus 3548 Switch
- VMWorld 2012 Preview: Arista, EMC Isilon, F5 and VMware Demonstrate VXLAN Interoperability
- Interview with Jayshree Ullal of Arista on Network Virtualization and SDN
- Suitability of Network Virtualization for Venture Capital Investment
- Should I join an SDN Startup?
- What does Arista, Insieme & Vyatta have in common? Implication to SDN
Below is the press release from Arista.
Arista Expands Leadership Team – Names New CFO
SANTA CLARA, Calif., Oct. 2, 2012 – Arista Networks Inc., the leader in software defined cloud networks, today announced the appointment of Michael Lehman to the position of chief financial officer. Michael is a well-recognized leader with more than 30 years of financial and business experience in both private and public high technology companies.
“As the company continues to grow in the delivery of software defined cloud networks, Michael’s proven success in financial strategies and operations is pivotal for guiding the future growth of the company,” said Jayshree Ullal, president and CEO for Arista Networks. “We are delighted to have Michael on board and welcome him enthusiastically to the leadership team.”
Michael began his career as a CPA with the firm Price Waterhouse and moved into the technology sector when he joined Sun Microsystems, where his tenure lasted for more than 20 years. He held a number of senior executive positions before being named CFO in February of 1994. He was executive vice president and CFO at the time of the Oracle acquisition in 2010. Michael went on to become the first CFO of Palo Alto Networks. While there, he developed and managed the company’s finance, legal, human resources, information technology, facilities and manufacturing operations functions. He led these teams through the process of becoming “IPO ready” and left the company just before the filing of the IPO documents.
Arista Networks was founded to deliver software defined cloud networking solutions for large data center and computing environments. Arista’s award- winning, best-of-breed 10 Gigabit Ethernet switches redefine scalability, robustness and price–performance. At the core of Arista’s platform is EOS, the world’s most advanced network operating system. Arista Networks’ products are available worldwide through distribution partners, systems integrators and resellers.
Additional information and resources on today’s announcement can be found at:http://www.aristanetworks.com