SDNCentral SDN Networking DemoFriday™ featuring Cisco Extensible Network Controller (XNC)
|Entire Event||Live Demo only||Podcast||Transcript||Slides|
Cisco XNC SDN Networking Demo Synopsis:
The Cisco XNC is a Java application that operates on any Linux-based x86 server, such as those in the Cisco Unified Computing System. Designed to provide greater automation and orchestration of the network fabric, the XNC enables dynamic configuration of networks and services. In this DemoFriday™, Cisco engineers show how XNC provides IT managers a way to give applications control over the underlying network infrastructure.
Cisco’s approach to having a centralized controller along with the local control plane is designed to provide a highly scalable, secure, and resilient deployment model. The XNC demo shows how it conforms to SDN controller specifications by supporting both OpenFlow protocol and Cisco onePK (one Platform Kit), which enables a heterogeneous, platform-independent approach to network programmability that includes both Cisco and third-party networking devices.
Cisco XNC offers two main applications: Monitor Manager, which enables traffic visibility for troubleshooting, analysis, reporting, archiving or other business reasons using a centralized policy driven approach; and Topology Independent Forwarding (TIF), a module to establish communication between hosts dictated by business needs.
Join Cisco Product Manager Jothi Prakash Prabakaran, Sr. Director Strategy and Portfolio Marketing, Data Center Group Archana Khetan, and Distinguished Engineer Bhushan Kanekar as they demo:
- Cisco XNC’s architecture and deployment models
- Northbound APIs available for integration with the controller
- Overview of applications available from Cisco in the current XNC release
- Demonstration of these applications
Watch the full DemoFriday™ presentation featuring Cisco XNC, or check out these additional resources:
- Watch a video of the live demo only
- Listen to a podcast of the full DemoFriday™
- Read a PDF transcript of the full DemoFriday™
- Download a PDF of presentation slides
Check out more about Cisco on SDNCentral:
- Cisco Slims Its SDN Story Down to ONE Controller
- The Role of SDN Overlays in Application Centric Deployments
- Brocade’s Latest SDN Hire: Kevin Woods, Cisco onePK Expert
- Cisco Thinks Up ESP for a Virtualized Network
- SDNCentral SDN and NFV Weekly Roundup — February 14, 2014